It is possible that, on occasion, you have thought about how to find your device in the event that it is lost or stolen. There are some applications that will help you to do it easily and quickly. You just have to keep reading to discover them.
How to find an Android mobile with Find my device
Find My Device is Google’s official tool for locating an Android phone. To configure it in your terminal, it is not necessary to download any application. Rather, you should visit the settings and click on Security.
- There, access the Find my Device section.
- Make sure the slider is in the On position.
How to locate your device with this system? There are three ways
- Accessing the web android.com/find.
- Buscando en Google finds my device.
- Downloading the Find my device application on another Android.
In all of them, you must have to log in with the Google account that you used on your device before losing it. You must bear in mind that, for this solution to be effective, your phone must be turned on. Below, you can see what Find My Device looks like from a web browser.
As you can see, you have the following options
- Ring the device. This option is perfect if you’ve lost your phone nearby and can’t find it.
- Log out with your Google account. Delete your personal data and delete the Google account from the terminal.
- Delete device. Delete all the content and restore the terminal.
- Alternative apps to find the mobile if it is lost
- The native Android solution is almost certainly the most complete and the only one you need, but it is far from the only one, so we offer you two equally valid alternatives.
Find an Android phone using Cerberus
- As an alternative to Google’s solution, it is possible to use Cerberus. The functions are very similar, although in this case, you will have to install an application.
- Once you have downloaded it and have granted all the necessary permissions, you will need to create an account.
- With Cerberus configured, you can now forget about its application on Android. The moment you realize you’ve lost your phone, visit cerberusapp.com and log in. You will access the phone’s tracking page.
There, as with the official option, you can erase your device, see where it is on the map, create a content backup, and much more. Cerberus is a paid application, although you can try it free for 7 days. For getting more details about this check https://www.techy2tech.com and get the latest updates.